A lot of very good stuff about NiFi is all over the internet: a lot of posts, videos, resources shared by community members and users of this great project. This page is a genuine effort to link the best resources in case you want to improve your knowledge about NiFi or learn about techniques and/or interesting use cases.
Note 1 – Bear with me, I’m just starting to gather the best resources and your help is truly appreciated in case you think some resources should be added to the list. To do so, feel free to comment below. I’ll do my best to keep things up to date.
Note 2 – If you’re looking for somewhere to start, best is to start with the official documentation and, if you’re curious, the Confluence pages. Also, I recommend you to subscribe to the mailing lists and to join us on Slack.
Note 3 – I’ll try to keep things as up to date as possible but things are moving really quick in this project and I cannot guarantee that all the technical content of the below posts is still valid (but it should be!).
- Content repository archiving – how does it work?
- Dissecting a NiFi connection
- Load-balancing with Site-to-Site
- Load-balanced connections (+ here)
- Component versioning
- Component class loading
- Process group variables
NiFi installation and deployment
- Encrypted provenance repository
- Securing keytab access
- Ranger policies for NiFi
- Authentication with OpenID Connect
- Secured NiFi cluster (+ here) (+ here)
- Secured Site-to-Site
- Authorizations with LDAP synchronization
Record API in NiFi
“How-to” about processors
- List/Fetch pattern in NiFi
- Integrating NiFi and Kafka
- Incremental Fetch with QueryDatabaseTable
- Wait/Notify pattern in NiFi (+ here)
- 3 part series about MySQL CDC in NiFi
- XML Processing (+ here)
- JSON transformations with Jolt
- Processing multi-lines logs
MiNiFi and C2 server
- Flow Development Life Cycle with NiFi Registry
- Full video demo of SDLC with NiFi and NiFi Registry
- Git backend and event hooks in NiFi Registry
- Git backend in NiFi Registry
Use cases, fun with NiFi, and others
- Lots of nice articles around IoT/AI/ML + (Mi)NiFi by Tim Spann
- Best talks about NiFi at DataWorks Summits